Delivering 750bhp, a top speed of over 180mph and a 0-150mph in under 8 seconds! ‘The World’s Fastest E-Type Jaguar’ (aka ‘The Beast’) dominated its class of racing throughout the ‘90s. Now fully restored it is available for sale via Hampson Auctions.
Conceived by Fred Cliffe back in 1977, the V12 roadster was subsequently developed over 13 years by Rob Beere Racing on behalf of Malcolm Hamilton, in whose hands it secured no less than 52 outright victories and 87 podium finishes.
The car’s run of success ended in an accident at Oulton Park in 2001. The Jaguar was then disassembled and stored before being rebuilt to the equivalent specification in which it last competed: A 1971 V-12 E-Type centre tub with TWR Group C specification engine and running gear.
- 7.3-litre V12 E-Type unit developing c.750bhp and 680 lb ft of torque and installed 6in lower and further back than in the standard car. Compression ratio – 13:1. Carburation – 6 x twin-choke IDF downdraught Webers
- Bespoke Hewland dog box, lightweight flywheel and triple plate clutch
- Bespoke Rob Beere Racing wishbones and anti-rollbars, Penske springs and dampers, Jaguar XJ220 Le Mans wheels shod with Dunlop tyres
- 15in AP Racing discs all-round – 6-pot calipers front, 4-pot calipers rear
- Mix of aluminium, fibreglass and carbonfibre. Front air dam – plywood with titanium skids. Rear wing – carbonfibre ex-Silk Cut Jaguar XJR-9
Hampson’s next general sale of Classics and Collectables will be held at Thornton Manor, Wirral on April 28 2021. www.hampsonauctions.com