Did you go to the 2019 Classic Motor Show? If you did what cars stood out for you? If you did not, then take a look at the 10 cars that stood out for me. I’ve ranked these wonderful cars in order of those I’d most like to own:
1. 1939 Bentley 4 1/4 MX Chassis. Embiricos style fastback. Stunning. A 1 of 1 car, and for sale for £796k by Graeme Hunt Ltd. Why are the cars you want to own always just so far away financially. Arrghhhh.
2. Ferrari F40. Well it’s a legend. It’s how I like my cars, raw and purposeful.
3. 1993 Jaguar XJ220. I wish I’d bought one 10 years ago for £100k (ish), as now they are going for £300-400k. This one was sold by Silverstone Auctions for £362,813 + 15%, so all in £417,235. That’s a lot of your well earned.
4. 2013 Evanta ‘DBR1 Evocation’ for sale by Silverstone Auctions for a estimate of £50/60k + 15%. Super super cool. It eventually sold for £75,375, plus the 15% on top, so all together £86,681.25.
5. Reproduction James Bond Land Rover. Yours for £55k. For sale by Parva Cars. A beast, and would certainly get you noticed. I was tempted, but then realised it would be too tall to fit into the garage. Doh!
6. 1924 Singer Sport. Have you ever seen anything like this? A unique hot rod. We very much like unique and out there cars. Mental or what. A load of respect goes out to the builder of this unique beast.
7. Maserati 3500 GT Vignale Spider. Everyone must agree this is a truly beautiful classic car.
8. 1978 Leyland Mini ‘Jubilee’. What’s not to love? Tell me. This car, this paintwork, just oozes cool. Reminds me of Austin Powers, “yeah baby, yeah”.
9. Ford GT40. It’s a got to have or own at some point, even if it’s a replica. Well an original’s way past £1m now. Like this colour scheme as well.
10. Porsche 911. Not just a 911, but a striped out racing version. Yes please. Love the paintwork on this one as well. This was on show on the Porsche display.
And last here’s a very cool bike. A Ducati scrambler. Shame it was £10k, at £5k I’d have bought it.
I’m sure there were plenty of other on show that appealed to you. Let us know any stand out cars that caught your attention.