Make sure you’ve entered our competition to be in with a chance to win a pair of tickets to this years Race Retro to be held at Stoneleigh Park, Coventry from Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd February 2014.
So here are several reasons you’d want to be at Race Retro in 2014:
- Silverstone Auctions will be at Race Retro – with their Race and Rally Sale – They always have a great collection of cars and automobilia for sale.
- McRae rally car leads the pack at Race Retro – One of the most instantly recognisable historic rally cars is among the first entries into Silverstone Auctions’ sale at Race Retro on Saturday 22nd February. Offered with an estimate of £65,000 to £85,000, the Eddie Stobart liveried 1977 Ford Escort MK2 RS1800 Gp4 Historic Rally Car (below) is one of the most competitive ever. Built by leading specialists Prepfab Motorsport Engineering, and having been tested by the late Colin McRae, the car was driven to victory by the rallying legend’s father, Jimmy McRae, in the 2006 Roger Albert Clark Rally.
- 30 years of the Metro 6R4 – Race Retro will pay tribute to the rallying career of the Metro 6R4 (below) on its 30th anniversary. See the marque relive its glory days on the Live Rally Stage. We cannot wait for this.
Live Rally Action and Historic Kart Demonstration – Enjoy breathtaking live action as the cars deemed to fast to race, the Group B rally cars and drivers test their skills on the specially designed course. Also watch the historic karts demonstration as they fly round the circuit prior to each session.
- Meet the Stars – Grab your autograph book and photos for a visit to the Interview Stage where you can meet Motorsport legends, past and present. Motor racing legend Sir Stirling Moss will be returning to the Stoneleigh Park show on Saturday 22nd February as part of the McLaren tribute.
- Fire-up Paddock – Hear the roar of engines and smell the rubber burning as the motorcycles of yesteryear are brought back to life in the Fire Up Paddock.
- Four Exciting Show Halls – Rammed to the rafters with stunning displays of competition cars, motorcycles and around 400 exhibitors offering everything you needed for the motorsport season.
- The 19th International Winter Challenge – The Live Rally stage will be host to the 19th International Winter Challenge.
- Pride of Ownership – Show your two-wheeled pride and joy in our Pride of Ownership display. Supported by Meguiar’s and Classic Bike magazine, see the shiniest chrome as bikes spanning over 80 years battle for the title of ‘Best in Show’.
- Motorsport Clubs – The UK’s best motorsport clubs and associations join us with fantastic displays, paying tribute to their chosen marque or era. Visit the clubs and chat to the experts for an in-depth view on the historic motorsport scene.
- Hundreds of Trade stands – From race and rally car manufacturers to motorsport memorabilia, every motorsport taste and need is catered for – from the competitor to the armchair enthusiast. Around 400 trade stands offer everything you need for the forthcoming season.
- Free car parking for all visitors. How cool is that?
We’ve no doubt it’s going to be a great event. See you there…