Utilising advanced technology and bespoke interiors, Helm celebrates the artistry of the iconic Series 1 E-Type design, while elevating the driving experience. Only 20 cars will be produced, all to the exact specification of the owners.
Helm has spent over a decade sourcing cars for restoration from across the UK and Europ. From the steel-reinforced monocoque shell, the handmade aluminium doors and hand built and polished big bore stainless steel exhaust system, 3,800-man-hours go into creation of one of Helm’s E-types.
Under the aluminium handmade bonnet, lies a 300 bhp 3.8 litre normally aspirated engine. The cars will have electronic speed-sensitive power steering, a five-speed gearbox, 6 pot alloy front brakes, adjustable suspension, a heated screen and soft close door system.
Handcrafted aluminium internal panels have been wrapped by leather craftspeople, while hand-stitched detailing is used on leather toggle switches, a hand stitched steering wheel and matching grab handle.
“I wanted to create the E-type the way I feel it should be, remaining sensitive to its history, but without a vinyl interior, and without the hassle of carburettor trouble,” explains Helm founder Chedeen Battick. “We combine British craftsmanship with the finest standards of modern automotive engineering, instilling a feeling of love, care and attention to detail within each component.”
The first Helm E-type will be launching March 24th, and will be available for private viewings on request.
- Steel reinforced monocoque shell using at least 30 percent of the original
- Aluminium handmade bonnet
- Handmade strengthened aluminium doors
- Upwards of 3800-man hours to create
- Approximate weight 1200kg
- Avon ZZ Fast road tyres
- Bespoke 6 pot alloy front brakes
- Vented discs all round
- Bespoke alloy handbrake callipers and rear brake callipers
- Bespoke engineered 5 speed gearbox
- 300 bhp fast road 3.8 litre normally aspirated engine
- Alloy cooling system
- Over 20 litres of paint used throughout each car
- Jenvey heritage throttle bodies
- Handmade bumpers
- Nickel finished brightwork throughout
- Fan assisted LED lighting
- Soft closing doors
- Heated screen
- Bespoke modern wiring used throughout
- Hand built and polished big bore aircraft grade stainless steel exhaust system
- Hand finished bespoke stainless-steel wheels
- Bespoke soft close system
- Adjustable suspension all round
- Uprated torsion bars
- Quick adjust reaction plate
- Electronic speed sensitive power steering