New 525hp Supercharged V8 Defender to cost a cool £100k!
Land Rover shouting about the new supercharged V8 Defender at the same time as boasting about the economy of the MHEV and PHEV engines is a bit like a pub Landlord telling you about a new Vodka which gets you very drunk, very fast but you won’t get a hangover if you drink the low-alcohol beer. It’s a very mixed message.
Here are some of the headline facts about the V8 and other developments to the lineup…
- New 525HP supercharged engine powers fastest and most powerful production Defender ever made; 0-60mph in 4.9 seconds, 149mph top speed (Defender 90)
- Bespoke chassis settings and transmission tuning combine to make Defender V8 the most capable and dynamic example of Land Rover’s award-winning 4×4
- New Limited Edition Defender V8 Carpathian Edition combines the power and capability of Defender V8 with a unique combination of design elements
- New Defender XS Edition replaces the successful First Edition and features unique exterior design enhancements and comprehensive specification
- New Bright Pack and Extended Bright Pack options provide even greater scope for customer personalisation across the Defender line-up
- New optional 11.4-inch touchscreen* – over 60% larger than existing 10-inch display – now available for intuitive Pivi Pro infotainment, plus wireless device charging with new signal boosting technology* for enhanced convenience
- Defender range covers 90, 110 and Hard Top derivatives with petrol and diesel engines. The plug-in Hybrid is capable of 27 miles of EV driving