At the request of a client, Singer, in partnership with 911 rally and motorsport specialist Richard Tuthill, has reimagined the air-cooled 911 as World Rally Championship-inspired, all-terrain competition machines.
Rallying fans will now be able to go off-road racing with a Porsche 911 modified by Singer for all-terrain use. The All-terrain Competition Study has been undertaken by Singer, in partnership with 911 rally specialist Richard Tuthill, in response to the request from their client for modifications to his air-cooled Porsche 911 that would enable the car to compete in off-road racing and to demonstrate all-terrain capabilities.
The client commissioned two machines, one – in Singer’s iconic Parallax White – focused on high-speed desert rallying and a second – in Corsica Red – configured for high-speed, high-grip tarmac events and disciplines.
Modifications developed for the Porsche 911 by Singer include:
- Off-road competition capability, with events such as the Baja 1000 and Dakar Rally in mind
- Increased ride height, suspension travel and overall strength
- Carbon fibre body panels suited to quick replacement and easy underbody access
- Permanent AWD
- A twin-turbo, 3.6litre, air-cooled flat-six with power starting at 450hp.
- Sequential racing transmission with front, centre and rear limited-slip differentials.
- 1990 Type 964 Porsche 911
- Core strengthening to monocoque for heavy duty off-road use, carbon fiber body panels and off-road race modifications
Suspension, wheels and brakes
- Long-travel suspension with twin, 5-way adjustable dampers
- Forged aluminium 8×16” wheels with BF Goodrich All-Terrain tyres
- 4-piston, monobloc steel disc brakes with hydraulic handbrake
Engine and Drivetrain
- 6litre twin-turbo, air-cooled, Porsche flat-six.
- Water-to-air intercoolers, with individual-bank charge coolers housed within the plenum and cooled by clamshell-mounted radiator.
- Tuned for the demands of each event, power starts at 450hp and 420lb ft torque
- 5-speed sequential dog-box enabling flat-shifting. Manual and paddle-shift capable.
- Front, centre and rear, mechanical, plated limited-slip differentials.
Additional Specialised Equipment:
- Long-range fuel tank.
- Two full-size spare race wheels and tyres in front trunk area and rear storage area.
- Full FIA specification roll cage.
- Bespoke competition seats with FIA certification
- Rehydration system for driver and navigator
- State-of-the-art GPS race navigation system.