Other lists I came across that are worth a look:
automotoportal.com although does not put them into a top 10 order offers some interesting and unusal cars, such as the 1930 Mercedes-Benz Count Trossi SSK and the 1938 Talbot-Lago T150 C SS Teardrop Coupe.
Its full list is: Jaguar E-Type, 1930 Mercedes-Benz Count Trossi SSK, Bugatti Veyron 16.4, 1938 Talbot-Lago T150 C SS Teardrop Coupe, Pagani Zonda, 1967 Shelby Mustang Eleanor GT500, Ferrari Dino, 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Coupe, Rolls-Royce Phantom and Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato.
Now, I agree with most of these, but the one I certainly do not agree with is the Rolls Royce, luxurious yes, beautiful it is not. Now I am sure some people will disagree, but that is their opinion, a lovely cash for the rich with a chauffer, but it is just not beautiful.
G. Fernández – theartwolf.com compiles his list from an art perspective and throws in a few expected cars and a few curve balls, however unexpected this is a good list.
Lists his top 10 as:
10. CISITALIA 202 – Museum Piece (1947-1952). Designer: Pininfarina
9. ALPHA ROMEO 8C – The Spirit remains (1935-39 and 2007-present) . Designer: Vittorio Jano (model 1935) and Wolfgang Egger (model 2007)
8. VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE – The Car of the People (1938-2003). Design: Ferdinand Porsche
7. BMW 507 – The Prince of Baviera (1956-59). Designer: Count Albrecht von Goertz
6. LAMBORGHINI MIURA SVJ – Raging Bull (1968-71). Designer: Marcello Gandini (Bertone Studio)
5. FERRARI TESTAROSSA – Tradition and modernity (1984-1991). Designer: Pininfarina
4. ASTON MARTIN DB4 GT ZAGATO – Italian body, British soul (1960). Designer: Ercole Spada (Zagato Studio)
3. CHEVROLET CORVETTE C1 – The American Dream (1954). Designer: General Motors
2. MERCEDES BENZ 300 SL “GULLWING” – Majestic gull (1956-1959). Designer: Daimler-Benz (chassis by Rudolf Uhlenhaut).
1. BUGATTI TYPE 57 SC ATLANTIC – Haute Couture (1938). Designer: Jean Bugatti
hubpages.com puts together a very varied collection of cars in its top 10: 1962 Lotus Elite, 1972 Lotus Elan, 1968 Lamborghini Miura, 1971 Jaguar E-Type, 1961 Ferrari 250 GT SWB, 1963 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso, 1937 Cord 810/812, 1967 Ferrari 275GTB/4 Berlinetta, 1952 Jaguar XK120 and 1968 Citroen DS. You can vote for your favourite on this site, in case you were wondering I voted for Lamborghini Miura.
indiancarsbikes.in has a good list including: 1930 Mercedes-Benz Count Trossi SSK, Jaguar E-Type, 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Coupe, Ferrari Dino, 1969 Ford Mustang, Alfa Romeo Brera, Maserati GranTurismo and Grancabrio, Lamborgini Revention, Aston Martin Rapide and Lamborgini Muira.