The Classic Motor Show is only days away, so if you were not excited enough, here are 10 reasons to get super excited. Did you enter our competition to win a pair of tickets? Our 10 reasons to get yourself down there.
1. It’s EPIC. It really has everything for the classic car fan. From car sales (via Silverstone Auctions), car clubs showing their finest, memorabillia, shops, workshops, live shows, the odd personality (Wheeler Dealers, etc.).
2. There’s the Lancaster Insurance Pride of Ownership, which celebrates classic cars and their owners, gathering together those enthusiasts with the best stories about their vehicle that show they are the rarest, most unusual and the most cherished.
3. Silverstone Auctions returns to the Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show, with Discovery, with one of the most high profile classic car auctions in the UK. Once again more than 100 classic cars, modern sports cars, historic motorbikes, luxury watches and automobilia will go under the hammer over two days on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 November. Love looking around these cars and dreaming of ownership one day.
4. The Meguiar’s Club Showcase. Featuring an amazing line up of 16 award winning cars from club-organised events during the course of 2017, the cars will undergo intense scrutiny before the ultimate ‘best in show’ is revealed on Sunday afternoon.
5. The Discovery Live Stage is not to be missed, even more so this year as Mr ‘Wheeler Dealer’ Mike Brewer is joined by his new co-host and mechanic Ant Anstead to host the Live Stage jam packed with motoring magic, madness and mayhem all day long.
6. The Hero arrive and drive. Nice! Your chance to get behind the wheel of an iconic classic car at the show courtesy of HERO Events. Eight of HERO’s Arrive & Drive fleet will be available for you to take for a 4 mile spin around the NEC. Don’t feel confident about driving one of the most iconic cars in motoring history or you don’t have a licence, don’t worry, you can opt to be taken on a passenger ride instead. Be sure to make the most of this fantastic opportunity. There are not many places you can drive one of these gorgeous cars.
Group A Cars – £63.00
- 1968 Jaguar E Type Series 1.5 FHC 4200cc, Right Hand Drive
- 1990 Lancia Delta Integrale Martini 2000cc, Left Hand Drive
Group B Cars – £45.00
- 1966 Triumph TR4A 2100cc, Left Hand Drive
- 1975 MGB Roadster 1800cc, Right Hand Drive
- 1961 Alfa Romeo Guilietta Spider 1300cc Left Hand Drive
- 1969 Lancia Fulvia Sport Zagato 1300cc, Left Hand Drive
- 1958 MGA Roadster 1800cc, Left Hand Drive
Passenger Ride – £30.00
7. Sporting Bears Dream Rides. What better way is there to raise money for charity than by taking a ten-mile passenger ride in the car of your dreams? The Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show, with Discovery, works with the charity organisation, the Sporting Bears Motor Club to create the ‘Dream Rides’ garage – a fantastic array of between 70-100 cars that are available for you to enjoy a passenger ride taking you out onto the open roads surrounding Birmingham’s NEC. ‘Dream Rides’ offers visitors the opportunity to jump into and experience some of the most spectacular cars in the world and all you have to do is donate to a wonderful cause. The size of your donation depends on the car you want to be taken for a drive in – starting from as little as £10.
8. The cars. 2,500 cars spanning over 120 years of motoring – from Vintage to Modern Classics. Enough said.
9. The car clubs. Classic motoring clubs are the lifeblood of the classic community, playing a crucial role in ensuring the preservation of historic and classic vehicles. Clubs offer their members not only a wealth of expert advice on maintenance and renovation and a vast experience in purchasing and selling vehicles, but they are also a fantastic way of meeting like-minded people and socialising with fellow enthusiasts. After a summer spent attending events up and down the country, the Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show, with Discovery, is seen as the clubs’ season finale at which they celebrate by exhibiting their most prestigious and cherished vehicles for our visitors to enjoy.
10. Cars for sale. The Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show, with Discovery, brings together the UK’s leading classic car dealers offering a wealth of marques to suit all needs and pockets. From seasoned collectors to those looking to buy their first classic, you will find a fantastic mix of British, American and European cars on offer within the show’s Dealer Hall (Hall 3), creating the ultimate classic car showroom.
Get your Classic Motor Show tickets now.