Did Jaguar steal the show at the recent Paris motor show with their concept car, the Jaguar C-X75. Opinion may be divided, with several other notable cars that caught my attention, such as the Ferrari SA Aperta, Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, Lotus Elite or Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale. However, I personally think this is the most beautiful and certainly grabbed my attention.
Let’s run through some of the important facts that Jaguar states:
- 0-62mph in 3.4sec;
- 205mph top speed;
- a two-seater supercar;
- ‘C’ for concept, ‘X’ for experimental, ’75’ to mark the brand’s 75th anniversary;
- as beautiful as a supermodel (okay Jaguar didn’t say that, but I sure do);
- a diesel range-extender Jaguar supercar!
- carbon dioxide emissions of just 28g/km;
- turbine propulsion system;
- claimed performance figures are 780bhp and a frankly bonkers 1578lb ft.;
- can travel nearly 70 miles on zero-emissions e-drive mode, but Jaguar says that stretches out to nearer 560 miles with the turbines spooled up;
- carbonfibre bodywork ;
- aluminium chassis;
- weighs around 1350kg; and
- The doors rise like swan wings.
Jaguar, please, please, make this car. Lose the old stereotype that a Jaguar is for old men. This car looks fresh, exciting and I certainly would want to see up close and take a test drive, as I’m sure you do, if your reading this post.