Jaguar C-X75 concept (2010) diesel electric supercar
Did Jaguar steal the show at the recent Paris motor show with their concept car, the Jaguar C-X75. Opinion may be divided, with several other notable cars that caught my attention, such as the Ferrari SA Aperta, Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, Lotus Elite or Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale. However, I personally think this is the most beautiful and certainly grabbed my attention.
Let’s run through some of the important facts that Jaguar states:
- 0-62mph in 3.4sec;
- 205mph top speed;
- a two-seater supercar;
- ‘C’ for concept, ‘X’ for experimental, ’75’ to mark the brand’s 75th anniversary;
- as beautiful as a supermodel (okay Jaguar didn’t say that, but I sure do);
- a diesel range-extender Jaguar supercar!
- carbon dioxide emissions of just 28g/km;
- turbine propulsion system;
- claimed performance figures are 780bhp and a frankly bonkers 1578lb ft.;
- can travel nearly 70 miles on zero-emissions e-drive mode, but Jaguar says that stretches out to nearer 560 miles with the turbines spooled up;
- carbonfibre bodywork ;
- aluminium chassis;
- weighs around 1350kg; and
- The doors rise like swan wings.
Jaguar, please, please, make this car. Lose the old stereotype that a Jaguar is for old men. This car looks fresh, exciting and I certainly would want to see up close and take a test drive, as I’m sure you do, if your reading this post.
Are you a Jaguar fan? If so, what do you think od this car? You may want to read more about Jaguar here, or look at our Jaguar gallery. For more on this car, read Car magazine’s article in full.